Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Saved by the Navy


I always wanted to join the navy, but they weren't too interested in me, because I was only 16 at the time. So things begain to develop that would change my future. I moved to Macon, Georgia, and worked at a service station. I was servicing an automobile, and had it up on the rack and let it down with all the old drained out of it. I was called out to the front to service customers. When I came back the car was gone, the owner having been use to getting special service took the car without even telling the people.
He drove about 14 miles to a little town of Gray, before he noticed anything out of the ordinary. He was a valuable customer and I was expendable, but I was going to be able to keep my job if I paid five dollars a week until a replacement engine was paid for. I'm been thinking about joining the Navy again, so I did.

No comments: